Summer Science Homework – For All 6th Grade scholars entering 7th Grade
Objective: I will be able to...
- Use my reading skills to stay up-to-date on science current events.
- Use my critical thinking skills to analyze the data from the article.
- Use my writing skills to construct a written piece of evidence to show my understanding.
- Read a science-related article from the newspaper, magazine or one of the following websites: Popular Science, NOVA, New York Times, Time for Kids, National Geographic, Earth and Sky Kids or Earth and Sky, NPR, Nature, Sciencenews.org, Sciencedaily.com
- Write a Claim/Evidence and Personal Response to the following questions:
- How can this apply to your daily life?
- What is the scientist claiming about his or her finding?
- Explain whether you agree or disagree with the scientist's claim.
- What background knowledge did you use to help you understand and/or infer the meaning of the article?
See THIS EXAMPLE to help you.
Use this rubric to edit your work.
Scholar work must be typed with the article attached or a link to the article.
Due on the first day of school.
- You may also email your completed assignment to Ms. Moore at email@example.com.